Thursday, January 13, 2011

We'll call it a draw...

... Today that is!  Some hits, some misses.

Bugga woke up at 8:30 am and I got him breakfast and then fell back asleep on the couch. FAIL!

Then I woke up at 10 am, ate me Lucky Charms, answered work e-mails, did a load of laundry and then got us both moving.  WIN!

Then we had the best part of the day which was a 4 hour playdate.  I love those because I get to gossip and Bugga gets to play.  Especially during the winter, it's nice to get out of the house and try to alleviate some of that cabin fever that affects very active 5 year olds.  So of course all of that was a nice big WIN!

We got home in time for me to check my work e-mail and start another load of laundry.  Hells yeah on the productiveness!  (Don't worry, it didn't last long.) Then it was Hubby's turn to wake up and we went out for pizza.  I'm going to call that one a fail because going out for pizza does not help the waistline or wallet.  Dinner itself was also a draw because I caved on the cheesy bread, but got the thin crust garden pizza and water.  Yes, water!!  I'm going to make it my best friend even though we've had a checkered past. 

Now it's Bugga and I home alone looking forward to his return when we wake up.  Yep, my hubby is an overnight, 12-hour shifter.  He's off this weekend so my big goal is to clean up really well tonight so that we don't have to deal with it over the next three days. 

If I can do some dishes tonight, another load of laundry and pick up the family room I'm gonna pat myself on the back and then put today firmly in the WIN column.  Otherwise I'll come here tomorrow to make a ridiculous excuse for why it didn't get done.  And none of us like that, do we??

No comments:

Post a Comment