Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Morning Results -1.17

So my weight... yeah...  Here's the drawn out story of my climb to over 200 lbs.

From birth through high school I was tiny with an enormous metabolism and appetite to boot.  I graduated high school weighing 98 lbs.  I was T-I-N-Y!  Got to college and maxed out at about 145 lbs.  Then I turned 21, began working full-time and lived on my own.  I ballooned, y'all!  When I got preggo with Bugga at the age of 23 I weighed about 205 lbs.  I lost 20 lbs. in my first trimester due to the insufferable condition known as hyperemesis gravidarum.  By the time Bugga entered this great world, I weighed about the same I started out at; just over 200 lbs. 

When he was 3 months old I said enough was enough and used Weight Watchers to lose about 50 pounds.  I hovered between 155 and 165 for several years until I met Hubs.  Up until that time I had never had a problem with "happy eating", but boy did we eat!  We would have ice cream while laying on the couch watching tv, buttery popcorn on all of our movie theater dates and we loved to cook meals together.  Combine that with the fact that I loved the man so much I gave up smoking for him and we have ourselves a bad sitchy-ation! 

Once we got engage I promised myself that I would get back to a svelte looking JC before the big day, but as anyone planning a wedding knows, nothing goes according to plan.  Next thing I knew we were buying a house, moving an hour away and had 3 month until the big day.  Weight loss was the last priority on my list but I don't think I'll ever forget the disappointment over being overweight for our wedding day. 

Last weekend one of my best friend's had her 30th birthday party and looking at the photos from that night was just the motivation I needed.  I don't pretend it will be easy or happen overnight, but I've hit the bottom and the only way to go from here is up... but down on the scale, duh!

So this morning's weigh-in showed 213.4 on the scale.  I always weigh on Monday mornings because I feel it's the most realistic number I'm going to see.  If I've spent the weekend inhaling everything not nailed down, it will show.  I can't hop on the scale Friday, eat all I want all weekend and then give myself 5 days to get back on the wagon.  I also check my weight daily.  I'm one of the lucky ones that can check everyday not get discouraged.  If the number goes down, I'm motivated to keep up the good work.  If that number is creeping up, I know I need to reign it in and get back on track. 

So Monday's are when I'll report in on this.  We've got our first family vacation in years coming up in May.  My parents, my sis and BIL and Hubs, Bugga and I will be heading to the happiest place on earth and dammit I WILL be happy there!!

1 comment:

  1. weight can be a painful thing to shift but well worth it. Ive gone from 182 to 152 pounds in the last 18 months, which is a much healthier weight for me. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete