Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baby steps

Well I was right.  I didn't get much done in the way of cleaning but the meals and laundry have been kept up, at least to my standards.  Damn those standards are low...

Anyho, for dinner last night I fixed potato soup and it was MMMMmmmm good!  The boys inhaled it all.  So now I have a large stock pot on my fantasy wish list so I can start doubling or tripling soup recipes.  I imagine that a good Stepford has a supply of belly warming soup on constant rotation in her fridge.  Yes, please!  Tonight was a smorgasbord of leftovers and sammiches.  WHICH WAS ON THE MENU!  *Fist pump*

As I explained the other day, my parents are coming to stay the night tomorrow night.  Hubs and I are going to see Brad Paisley with my sister and then out for drinks with friends.  The parentals were going to keep the little one at their house (an hour away) but I'm always begging them to come up here and spend time with us, so now they are coming here to watch Bugga and spend time with us Saturday.  The kicker?  We are just now trying to develop some sort of guest bedroom.  We moved into our house in late July and then had our wedding in October.  After that it was a whirlwind of holidays and now we're finally back to focusing on the house. 

So... the guest bedroom.  We have 4 bedrooms on the second floor of our house.  So far we had designated them as Master bedroom, Bugga's bedroom, an office (I work from home 2 days a week) and then decided to use the last one as a playroom until any more "lil C's" decide to make an appearance.  Ideally, what I would like to see happen is to purchase a nice contemporary daybed to put in the office along with a trundle that can be pulled out to make the daybed a nice full size bed for guests.  Well I think we all know that what you want isn't necessarily what you get.  My parents (and us) always stayed with my sister when they come to town but now that we've moved here too my son, who adores his grandparents, always wants them here.  For Christmas they slept on an air matress in our basement and while they didn't complain, I knew I wanted them to be much more comfortable when staying here.  Then lady luck threw a couch with a hide-a-bed our way!  Ok, lady luck was actually my mom's friend, but either way we now have a couch in our office and it is in great condition too.  So tonight Bugga and I went to Walmart (oh I loathe thee) and came home with some goodies for the room.  After we put  down mattress topper on it with t-shirt sheets and a fleece blanket, I may start sleeping in here!  I also got them a nice down throw because my madre always gets cold.  Since I know it will be a few years before I can set everything up the way I truly want it, this a fantastic solution in the meantime. 

The next step will be to go all Stepford and get a nice nightstand all set up with guest amenities in a cute basket.  Oh yeah, and finish unpacking in here and get all our boxes sorted and sell the pile of e-bay stuff in the corner and put up a curtain... AND HAVE YOU SEEN THE CUTE NEW BEDDING??  That's all they're gonna pay attention to... right?

1 comment:

  1. well done on the soup and the bed linen :)
    I often freeze soup, so if you triple cook you can freeze for those nights you feel lazy ;)

    ReplyDelete