Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Things Us Gals Do

Yesterday was another boring day at work followed by an equally boring evening.  I love those days!  My life pre-Hubbs was a bit slanted towards the dramatic.  I've always wanted a life lacking drama and now I have it and I love it.  I don't usually expect much of myself on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays and yesterday was no exception.  I commute an hour and a half each way to work on those days so my evenings are spent curled up on the couch rocking and sucking my thumb trying to forget the terrible drivers that torment me three times a week. 

Today was a different story.  Hubbs was actually awake during the daytime hours instead of pulling his normal vampire routine so we ran errands.  We hit up the winter farmer's market here in town and dropped a few bucks.  While Hubbs and Bugga looked at video games, I ran into the nail salon and got my eyebrows waxed.  I love getting that done because it makes me feel like my face is a better canvas to work on now.  After getting home I decided to keep doing those crazy things us girls do to improve our looks and applied a generous amount of Nair to my upper lip.  I'm pretty sure most Stepfords don't sport unruly caterpillars on top of their eyes and mustaches above their collagen-injected lips.  So on my to-do list for next week I've added making a hair appointment and getting a manicure. 

Stepford-ness.. here I come!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it! We are real women... and we shave, and wax, and bleach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so want to get mine waxed and then just up keep with the old tweezers. lucky! :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete