Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Scheduling my day

If I was left to my own devices I would lay around and nap most of the day and then be productive from dinner to bedtime.  This isn't such a problem 3 days a week when I work at my office, but the other days I'm home with Bugga and he requires a bit more structure.  Does this happen?  Nope, hardly ever.  To be honest, Tuesdays and Thursdays usually turn out exactly how I described above.  Result?  I feel like a lazy fat-ass (which I am!) and Bugga watches too much tv and gets cabin fever.  Something has got to give!  So here is my ideal day at home with the kid:
  • Breakfast (with one tv show)
  • Get ready and go run errands.  The sooner we're on the move, the less likely I'll curl up on the couch and hibernate!
  • Come home for lunch (with one tv show)
  • Chores around the house.  I like to use a 15 on / 15 off method with Bugga.  I set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes and during that time he needs to be picking up.  When the time goes off he can play for 15 minutes.  Rinse and Repeat!
  • Next would be outdoor play or fitness time.  Basically anything but laying on the couch!  Playdates would fall in here too.
  • Dinner bell ringin'!
  • Relax with my boys and make Hubs help me with tasks around the house
See how productive that day could be?  And I would be even more useful if I stole the 15 minute rule for Bugga and used it on myself.  Laundry?  Easy to swap a load to the dryer and put a new load in the washer in 15 minutes.  Clutter?  Just 15 minutes spent in the family room could result in all of the blankets we use folded and put away and all of our crap hidden away!  (Alright, FINE!  I could spend 15 minutes actually putting the crap where it belongs.)

I'm going to give this schedule a shot tomorrow.  I'll be home with Bugga all day and I might as well dive into my first step on the way to Stepford-dom!  Keep me accountable y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. haha Im naturally a bit of a slug myself. doesnt help the job is demanding at the moment. I wish you luck and I think the 15/15 rule would be good for you too!

    ReplyDelete