Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Monday Morning Results - 1.24

Scale reads: 214.4

Yeah, I know it's Tuesday but I spent Monday watching Bugga playing in the snow and then enjoying my two guys for the evening. 

Monday's results did not go as planned.  The scale was down almost each day last week and then we hit the weekend.   This is why I weigh-in first thing Monday morning (officially) because I have no choice but to see the damage the weekend has caused.  Friday night Hubs and I went to see Brad Paisley in concert.  It. Was. UH-mazing!  Before the show we treated my sister to some Mexican goodness (margaritas and burritos and chips and salsa and extra poundage apparently).  I love me some Mexican food!  Afterwards, Hubs and I met up with friends for more drinks and (dun, dun, dun) bar food.  Combine that with snacking all weekend and you get a gain of one pound. 

I'd like to say that I've kicked it into high gear, but that would be a lie.  I'm really struggling with getting off the couch and being productive at all.  My family has suggested I might be depressed, but other than the lack of energy I"m happy as hell!  And I don't think it's seasonal because I'm a lazy lump all year round.  I've had a full blood workup done too and nada.  Maybe I am just that lazy.  I HATE IT!  I only work 3 full days a week so I feel it's my job to do the majority of the housework.  Forget my Hubs being mad at me, I'm pissed at myself for the condition of our house. 

I think I'm going to do my darnedest to get back into FLYing.  Oh, you don't know what FLYing is?  Well let me direct you here good readers!  The name of the game is adding in good habits one day at a time and once you've mastered that you move on to cleaning zones in your home each day or week.  They've even partnered up with Cozi to bring you downloadable calendars of their cleaning schedules.  I always make the same mistake though (one they warn everyone about) and try to jump ahead without laying the proper foundation.  So I will start this week with shining my sink.  To be honest, it won't begin until Thursday at the earliest because that's when we get our new water softener installed.  Once that happens, I plan to clean out the dishwasher of all of the hard water and lime buildup so that we can FINALLY use our dishwasher in this house.  Procrastinate much??

I'd love to say that I'm ready to jump right in, but I know that I'm really not.  So for now I'll start downloading the schedules and reading my daily e-mails from FLYlady and try make myself get in the right frame of mind. 

I know this greatly veered of course from my Monday Morning Results, but I think it all ties in together and when my life and home are cluttered, my mind feels cluttered and it's hard to get my shit together on the weight loss front.  One step at a time right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! First thanks for checking out my blog. Second, I LOVE your Blog title. Very cute! And Third, remember, Perfectionism got us into this mess to begin with! I HIGHLY recommend Flylady's book sink reflections, you can get the ebook from Barnes and Noble or on Amazon for just a few dollars. I read it about once a month. I'm still fluttering but doing the blog has been great for me. If 15 minutes is too much set your timer for 10 or 5 or even TWO minutes! Or just focus on your Morning and before bed routines. Trust me, pretty soon you'll be doing MORE than just your lists. Take is SLOW and let yourself NOT BE PERFECT! Also, I'm doing Weight Watchers too so we can cheer each other on! :) Don't give up. You can do this! HUGS
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete