Friday, July 27, 2012

So little miss Squish is 9 and a half months old now.  It's been a long hiatus here from this blog and an even longer break from my pursuits of Stepford-dom.  You see, when Lydia was 5 months old I was diagnosed with post partum depression. 

It. was. sucky.

I was focused on getting myself better and taking care of my two kids and trying to still be some sort of wife to my husband.  Needless to say, meal planning and laundry got left in the dust. 

I wish I was back here to say that all of that will start changing now, but I'm not sure that it will.  See, we are now expecting baby #3.   Yep, I done went and got knocked up again.  No, this wasn't planned.  No, it certainly is not the best idea.  But, whether we like it or not, Festus is a cookin' inside me and will be making an appearance around the 16th of February.  When I first found out I was devastated.  I wasn't sure how this would ever work with my depression and two babies 16 months apart.  Turns out my hormones are leveling out a bit now and I'm feeling pretty good.  As far as the two babies thing, well it is what it is and we'll find a way to make it work.  Preferably without a breakdown on my part this time around. 

We have only told a few close friends at this point and no family.  There are a multitude of reasons for that but I won't get into them now.  I just needed to start keeping record and since no one reads this anyway, I think I'm safe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment